Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: NEW MVM Stepper Applications...

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I have recently expanded the "B" series stepper pulley line to accomodate the JDM small shaft alternators. This means that anyone using a JDM alternator on or in a USDM car can now install a MVM "Magic" stepper pulley without any modifications. Basically, I have created a machined aluminum sleeve that installs with the current offerings. This way, only those that need the part can purchase it. The cost is only $20.00 for the sleeve bushing.

    If anyone wants to host a photo, I would be happy to post one.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2000
    Posts
    486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Slightly off topic, but what would the maximum blower speed be on a 96 GSR using JR's upgraded crank pulley, your stepper pulley and the standard JR blower pulley?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member BoostedEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2000
    Posts
    759
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jim, send the pic to me and I will host it for you.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cpa,

    What RPM do you wish to calculate from ???

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2000
    Posts
    486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Redline [img]biggrin.gif[/img] . What I'm concerned about is whether or not the blower will be pushed beyond its limit which seeems to be at "10 psi" or "14,000 RPM". I just don't know the measurements of the pulleys to figure it out.

    I'm thinking of running an EFI Systems PMS with the water injection kit that I already have installed to tune and manage heat somewhat. I'm also using 50/50 alcohol and water to try and give a little octane boost to the lovely 91 "premium" gas here in CA - if it's really even that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •